Sunday, July 6, 2008

London Calling

After two jam packed weeks in Arlington I was off to London on the 4th of July (little ironic). Oh before I forget it was great to see everyone while I was in Arlington, thanks for making the time (special thanks to Matt and Christine for some amazing home cooked meals!)
Anyway I made it safe and sound to London on Sat. morning. I actually got to catch some of the 4th of July fireworks from the plane in Washington Dulles which was a first and pretty cool to see as we were taking off. London has been pretty amazing thus far; I forgot how much I liked this city. It was sunny and beautiful yesterday which is rare but I took full advantage by having an afternoon brew at the local farmers market with my co-worker and some of her friends.

However, today has been more along the standard lines of weather for London as it rained on and off most of the day. I managed to take the Tube and walk around to all different parts of the city. I love how all Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park have those lounge chairs everywhere. I did however manage to find a Whole Foods; shocker I know but I just happened upon it after leaving Kensington Gardens and well of course I needed to stop in and see how it compared with our states counterparts. This might come as a big shock but it kind of put ours to shame; they had entire dining sections (not like the ones in the US which just have a section for take out) this was more made to order pizza's etc. Well I start my training class tomorrow and then off to Jakarta on Tuesday evening......

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear all is going well on your journey. While in London go to Covent Garden, go to the center of the quad & down the stairs. I loved getting a glass of wine & seeing / hearing the local students perform. Also go to old Spitalfields Market, great area & vendors for shopping. I love London! Have fun! Cheers - Anne

Anonymous said...

I LOVE London! So glad you are having a great time there. Make sure you eat some Indian food before you leave tomorrow!