Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Bali

The time finally came and I managed to sneak away for a weekend to Bali and let me say it was worth it. It wasn't as nice as I thought it might be but it was still a fun time. My coworker and I went to the Seminyak area which is just north of Kuta (which is where all the bars, etc are located). It was great to finally be able to wear shorts and to be able to walk around safely, oh and to get some smog free air!! (Jakarta has so much pollution, the air quality is terrible). Anyway we stayed in this great little resort that had a wonderful outdoor bathroom and shower.
Had tons of good food, some fun drinks and were a bit social, all and all a pretty perfect weekend. One cool thing is that the waves and surfing in Bali were amazing; I don't think I have ever seen waves this large before and they rolled in nonstop. It was pretty cool to just watch them as we hung out on the beach.
Below is a picture of the memorial they built after the 2002 bombing in Bali.
Well off for dinner and drinks since tomorrow is a Holiday here in Indonesia. Have a good one everyone.

3 comments:

Bali Hotel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hilary said...

I mean clearly from the pictures Bali is a total dump

Anonymous said...

Why did yo not get out and go surfing yourself Colleen!!! I am with Hilary looks like a dump. Are you kidding me?