Thursday, July 31, 2008

Cassava Root

I tried Cassava root today in the office; the chef in our office makes lunch and an afternoon snack everyday. Today she made Cassava root and potatoes, both lightly pan fried. She gave me the potatoes unsure if I would like Cassava but it was pretty good; tasted just like a potato actually.
In case anyone is interested cassava is the third largest source of carbohydrates for human food in the world, with Africa its largest center of production.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassava

Not that anyone is jealous but the other she made home made mango smoothies, which if you liked mangos (I don't) looked pretty darn good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am very excited to hear that you tried casava root. Please bring some with you when you come home for Lauren's wedding.

Much love,
Kristen