Sunday, August 3, 2008

Kuala Lumpur

I made it to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia this weekend and what a great city and country. It is very tourist friendly; no visa needed to visit; safe and easy to get around. On Sat. I went and saw Batu Caves which contains a Hindu Shrine; you were allowed to go into the temple at the bottom as well which was pretty interesting. I also walked around Chinatown and a local market in Merdeka Square. These monkey's above were sitting along the steps up to the cave and they had a habit of taking things from un-expecting tourist like cameras and food. Also took in some great views of the twin Petronas Towers which used to be the tallest buildings in the world until 2004 when Taipei took the title. I did not go up to the top but got a drink in a near by hotel lounge and caught the sunset, and managed to get a great view of the city over a nice french martini. It is really great to get to see a city with a local; sat night I went out with my co-worker and her friends to a local seafood restaurant; the food was AMAZING. One thing the Malaysians are serious about is food. We then grabbed a drink at a local bar which seemed like it should have been in Europe somewhere. The price of the drinks was about double our whole dinner bill which usual indicates a good night out which it was however boozes are expensive in Malaysia due the fact that 60% of the population is Muslim. All and All I recommend people swing by Malaysia if they are ever in Southeast Asia.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow the towers are unbelievable. Not to mention everything else you have seen this trip. I'm jealous! Stay safe and enjoy. Miss ya

Kasey and Steve said...

It looks amazing...

What a journey you are on, my dear.

Wow.

Miss you lots and lots!