Sunday, August 24, 2008

Desert Safari

So went out into the desert this weekend on what they call a desert safari. What it consists of is a ride in a SUV around the desert. So the driver goes up and down the sand dunes kind of a like a roller coaster ride. There was sand being thrown everywhere and the car catching air off a number of sand dunes along with sliding down the side of certain dunes. It was a really fun experience!! I would recommend to anyone who comes out the desert.
Thanks again Alex; your guide to Dubai has been perfect, I think you might have a future in travel book writing!
So after the sudo roller coaster ride; we had a camel ride, 4 wheel ATV around the desert and then a bbq in this little compound area with belly dancing. All and all a great way to see the desert!
Off to swim in the Arabian Gulf and relax on the ocean for the afternoon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures of the desert.
Enjoy the beach and relaxing

Jack the Pug said...

I love all the pictures! They're great. The stray cats in Dubai remind me of Turkey. You also look lovely in your black sheet get up. Wrong...sorta... but so freakin funny. Oh they're all so great, I love seeing them!

Miss you!!!!

L

Anonymous said...

looks like so much fun! Its great to see you exploring and taking advantage of being in such a different place! Love seeing the pics!

Unknown said...

Nice four wheeler...where's your helmet? Just kidding, if you fell, your head would land in soft sand. :)

I'm digging your blog!

Hilary said...

That is so awesome---- I can imagine the heat and the sand-- although I wouldn't like sand in my eye.. I would rather a pie.

Unknown said...

I love all the pictures! They're great.You also look lovely in your black sheet get up.Love seeing the pics!
Desert safari