Sunday, February 8, 2009

Indonesia Part Two


So I am back in Indonesia for a second time with work and it's actually a bit different this time for many reasons. It is actually seems to be the height of rainy season right now, which means it rains in Jakarta just about every day. Most of the time it rains for a couple hours and then clears up but the sun doesn't really come out much in the city which is good and bad. Good in the sense that it's ALOT cooler then when I was here in August and bad well thats obviously why.

So the first weekend I got here, I just got acclimated to being back in Jakarta and spent the weekend hanging around with Jon. Then after a nice long week at work, I headed to the beach with Jon and his friends. It was a great spot and on my list of maybe one of my favorite spots so far and definitely a great place to go with alot of people. The second half of the drive was beautiful, it passed some tea planations, palm planations and other beautiful greenery.Once we got to the spot there were little cabins located right on the beach and they also had these little huts right next to the water where you could get a massage while listening the ocean for $5 USD (including a tip), yeah thats what I said $5 and the massages were soooo good, I decided to get one on Sat and Sunday! AHH so great.
Pretty much spent the weekend relaxing by the beach, getting massages, watching some Australia Rules Football and playing a silly game apples to apples. All and all a good weekend! Below are some pictures of a little late lunch time spot on the side of the road were I tried Martabak, yummy (basically an egg mixture inside fried dough).More to come, I am off to Bali this weekend for some more R&R :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you really working? or is this just actually one long vacation :) Sounds like you are having a great time! So happy for you!

ColleenK said...

Yeah hard to believe that I work M-F just normal hours..such a nice change :)